Integrity Education offers a range of courses that are delivered partially online. Integrity Education is committed to providing a quality learning experience for students studying online and these online service standards explain our commitment to students in key areas.
Integrity Education will provide the following support to students studying any aspect of their course online.
- Available for queries about learning and assessment during business hours Monday to Friday (except public holidays) by phone, email and/or online chat for the duration of the course/module.
- Will reply to queries within 2 business days and assessment will be marked and returned within 7 days.
- Our Administration Officer can be contacted via email firstname.lastname@example.org between 9:00am and 5:00pm.
- You will receive a response within 48 hours between office opening hours.
IT Support Helpdesk for Technical Queries
- Assistance regarding the online learning platform should be directed to our Trainers/Assessors during business hours Monday to Friday (except public holidays) by phone, email and/or online chat.
- Will reply to all queries within 48 hours.
- Student Services Officers can provide student support during business hours Monday to Friday (except public holidays) by contacting us on 1300 400 346.
Integrity Education conducts a comprehensive Pre-Training Review for all prospective students to determine whether a course is suitable and appropriate for their individual needs. This includes assessment of your digital and literacy, by:
- Incorporating relevant questions in the pre-training form
- Assessing your hardware/software access and digital capability levels
- Assessing your skills in the use of digital technology
- Discussing the outcomes of the above and making recommendations about whether the course is suitable for you and identifying additional support where required.
Integrity Education uses a learning management system (LMS) called Moodle for online course delivery. The following are the minimum technology requirements to enable optimal access to Moodle:
Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OSX Yosemite, iPad IOS8 Mobile devices have limited support with Moodle Mobile. Limited means some media may not be viewable, and some features are not available.
Use a broadband connection 256 Kbit/sec or faster. This will ensure that you can view videos and online presentations through USB wireless modem, ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable.
Dial-up access will be significantly slower, and we do not recommend it for using this platform.
Compatible browsers include:
- Google Chrome 32 bit version 38 or later (recommended for optimal compatibility, this has been thoroughly tested on Windows)
- Safari 8 or later (recommended for optimal compatibility, this has been thoroughly tested on Mac)
- Mozilla Firefox 35.0 or later
- Internet Explorer 9 or later is recommended. Earlier versions are not supported. IE 10 is required for the dragging and dropping of files from windows outside of the browser into Moodle.
Note that add-ons and toolbars can affect any browser's performance.
If you are using MS Internet Explorer 9 and experience problems accessing our online platform, please contact our administration team.
Browser Settings: We recommend that the following be enabled:
- Pop-ups (in both Internet browser and security software)
Plug-ins: We recommend that you use the latest version of:
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
To view all the resources uploaded to our online platform, you will probably need to have Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or an equivalent (e.g. Open Office, Viewer) installed or you could use Office365.
With all firewalls, ensure that you enable uploading of files.
Integrity Education ensures that learning materials used in online training are relevant, descriptive, user-friendly, interactive and are presented in a variety of formats, including:
- Guided content
- Interaction through discussion forums, chats, web conference and webinars.
The principles of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines are applied to our learning materials, by ensuring that they are: perceivable, operable, understandable and robust.
Integrity Education provides an online learning experience that is engaging and interactive. We will monitor your participation and ensure that you continue to progress through your course.
Collaborative learning opportunities will be provided so that you can interact with peers, through;
- discussion forums
- online chat
Ongoing feedback will be provided as you study, via:
- interaction with trainers/assessors in informal discussion forums
- in response to individual queries and in relation to tasks you complete
Student engagement with online material is monitored by our trainers and will be used to promote and enhance student learning outcomes. We will contact students who have not logged on within 8 weeks of the course commencement date.
Students who have not logged on within 8 weeks of the course commencement date that do not reengage after 3 attempts at contact will be deemed to have withdrawn from the course.
A minimum of two forms of assessment will be used for each unit of competency.
Forms of assessment will include:
- short answer questions
- portfolio of evidence
- case studies
- oral presentations
- role plays
- demonstration of practical skills.
Where students are asked to demonstrate competency in practical skills, video technology will be used.
All trainers and assessors delivering online courses at Integrity Education have experience in online delivery through one or more of the following:
- Professional development in online training (short courses)
- Formal qualifications in online training
- Participation in networking groups of online trainers and assessors, who meet and share ideas for improvement.